Check-MIG Colombia is a health document used by Colombian authorities for tourists. If you are planning your tour of Colombia and are intimidated by this, don’t be.
Many people are confused about what to take and prepare for the documents. Confusion is expected as the Check-Mig has been introduced in recent years.
We are here to help you out with all your doubts and questions. This post is the only guide you’ll need for Check-MIG Colombia.
Buckle up, have your notebook and pen ready, and let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- It is a health document.
- Everyone traveling or leaving Colombia is eligible for the check-MIG form.
- It takes up to 72 hours for a form to be processed.
- It cannot substitute for a visa.
What Really Is the Colombia Chec-MIG?
The Colombia Check-MIG is a required travel document file and must be carried by all tourists. As mentioned earlier, Check-MIG has been introduced in response to the Global Pandemic, COVID-19.
Think of it as a health certificate than just another additional document to put in your handbag while you fly. A verified Colombia check-MIG means your health is safe, and you can travel the country.
Whether you are a citizen or traveler, you need mig check Colombia to enter or leave the country. The authorities verify check-MIG from the airport, as they are screening all the documents. The check-MIG Colombia is as important as your passport.
Who is Eligible for the Colombia Check-MIG Form, and How do You Get One?
In short, anyone and everyone who is planning on touring Colombia or exiting the country.
Because of the concerning amount of increase in COVID-19 cases in Colombia, well, all over the world, the authorities are extremely rigid about the certificate. Many might think, “oh, it’s just a health confirmation,” and not prioritize it. Only to face severe hassles at the airport.
You can apply for a check-MIG online from the same website as your visa. We recommend doing it earlier than arriving at the airport. Although, you have up to 24 hours to apply for it.
It does nothing but increase one more problem. Because before you get the check mig, you’re basically stuck at the airport. It’s like a ticket.
Another important thing to point out is if you fail to pass the check-MIG form, your immigration process will be delayed. You might not even be allowed inside the country.
What Documents Do I Need for Colombia Check-MIG Form?
Now here are some crucial things you will need. Whether in hard copy or online form. Better to have them in hand.
Know that you will need all of these at the airport too. Including the check-mig form clarification as well.
The application process for checkmig is easy. It can be done by anyone within three steps.
- Step 1: Apply online from the official website. By clicking “Apply Now,” your application procedure starts.
- Step 2: Input all information asked by the form. Make sure they are all valid and correct. Double-check if you need.
- Step 3: Make your payment for the form, and wait.
While you wait, check out what pieces of information you will be faced with in the actual check mig form.
What Information is On the Colombia Check-MIG?
The check mig Colombia form asks what any standard form asks. Personal and traveling info, input details, and whatnot.
Here is the most common info you’ll be asked to enter.
1. Trip details: Starting and ending dates of the trip, email address, and your travel form (air, water, bus, etc.)
2. Personal information: Your full name, country of origin, gender, date of birth, nationality, visa, passport number, and expiry date.
3. Services of check-mig: These are self-explanatory. Once you put your information, you’ll see what services they offer. Kindly take a look and go through everything.
4. Checkout: Last but not least, you pay online for the form and checkout.
Again, always be transparent about all the details. Input correct health conditions only.
How long is the Processing time for the Check MIG?
After submitting the form and making your payment, the real-time processing takes about 72 hours.
You will get the check mig confirmation through your email, which you will have to show at the airport. You can show it from your phone or have a hard copy.
If you’re in a rush, you can also get the check mig confirmation quicker than 72 hours by an expert analysis. Visitors will go through a few questions from the authorities for further COVID-19-related verification.
Here are the types of questions you might be asked:
- Are you fully vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Have you had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days? (Cough, Fever, etc.)
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 14 days?
- Have you visited any of these countries over the previous 15 days? (South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, etc.)
- Are you registered with the BioMig Migration Control service?
Your reply to these questions must be valid and correct. Remember, any sort of false information could instantly cancel the visa.
How Long is the Colombia Check-MIG Valid for?
The Colombian check-MIG is valid for 30 days. But it’s a one-time thing.
Meaning when you are leaving the country, you’ll need another one. Children don’t need a check-MIG. If a child travels with you, their information should be on the check-mig form.
The check-mig being used once applies to both residents and visitors of Colombia.
What to Do if Your Check-MIG is Denied?
Remember your check MIG Colombia being successful depends on the hands of the authorities. They have the power and right to cancel or grant you in the country any time they want.
The main reason they take the form in the first place is such that:
- Declaring that you are safe: It’s just another person who is not a threat to the locals. You don’t want to put anyone at risk here. By using the check-MIG form, officials can verify that you are COVID-safe.
- Way of contact during health emergencies: This goes both ways. If a local is COVID-positive or is a threat to your health, officials can contact you about it.
That being said, you can always submit as many forms as you like. If one fails, try for another one. But understand that; it probably got denied for a serious reason.
Is the Check-MIG an eVisa?
The Colombian check-MIG is neither an eVisa nor a regular one. Your visa is a separate document that must be shown along with your other documents, such as your passport, personal information, etc.
The Check-MIG is nothing but a health document. It shouldn’t be confused with documents like a visa.
That’s about it for the check mig Colombia form. We hope this covers all the doubts. If you’re still confused, check-MIG Colombia: What Is It and how does it work? It is nothing but a health confirmation to the authorities of Colombia that you are safe from COVID-19 and can travel safely.
Adults can apply for check-mig as many times as they like. The processing time is 72 hours and is valid for 30 days. However, you can only use it once. That being said, we hope you have a great time in Colombia, and as always, safe travels!